Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Blue

The other week I read this UPI article about a cancer-survivor teenage boy who was suspended from his school because he was growing his hair out for charity. Talk about ridiculous. If only there were more people on this earth like that boy who cared about their fellow-human beings enough to take action and do something.

Cancer is one of my most hated words. It has taken so many good people from this world and from my life. And that's why today I am telling you about the movie, "Blue." The short film about a girl who's father has cancer was produced by two of my fellow SAU students for their senior film project. According to their blog, the goal of "Blue" is "to offer a story of hope and comfort to those whose lives have been affected by cancer." The online premier was dedicated to another former SAU student, Daphne, who died of cancer on January 28, 2012. If you or anyone you know has experienced cancer in any way, watch "Blue" and be touched.

2 comments:

  1. I sure was touched by this short film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali,

    I loved the 'balooning' picture most of all - clever idea!!! Love you too!! Beverly

    ReplyDelete