Saturday, April 14, 2012

{Spotlight} Mo Willems

Back in the fall of 2009 I took a wonderful class called Survey of Children's Literature. It was my favourite class of my whole college career. During that class I was introduced to children's author Mo Willems and his classic book "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!" That book turned into a whole pigeon series that concentrate on punctuation, inflection, repetition, and interactive stories where the children can be just as involved in the story reading as the person reading to them. I think it's great!

But what I like even more is this video Willems made. I found it when someone posted a link on Facebook to a new series he's been writing, the Elephant and Piggie books. I absolutely love how Willems explains his writing process, and the reason he tells kids they should learn to read.
Mo Willems is definitely a fun guy who writes fun kids books.

No comments:

Post a Comment