Monday, January 21, 2013

Bible Verse 3

This past week was a 'down' week for me. I didn't do very well at keeping up with studying the lesson quarterly and therefore never found a verse to memorize from the lesson. But God was good and threw a verse into my lap on Sabbath during the Sabbath School lesson study time. Somehow, throughout the discussion about the end of the creation week, the topic of God giving us what we need came up and someone in the class read a verse from Philippians 4. I liked the verse and continued reading on in the chapter as most everyone else in the class shut their Bibles and the discussion continued. And then I arrived at Philippians 4:19 and, yes, again I already know this verse, but it just struck me as one I need to focus on and think about more in my day to day life. So it's become my verse for week 3.
______________________________________________

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:19 NKJV

The past few weeks Jonathan and I have been looking around the Bangor area (and the internet) searching for some more storage space for our apartment. Our kitchen, with just one small wall of base and wall cabinets, most desperately needs storage space. After looking on countless websites and visiting numerous stores, we thought we'd found the answer in a large pantry cabinet from Lowe's. However, upon bringing it home, lugging the heavy package up the snowy outside stairs to our apartment, and opening the box, we found that the cabinet was quite flimsy with just a thin back and would need to be screwed to the walls. Not quite what we had expected and not something we wanted to do to a kitchen that isn't ours. So we packed it all back up in the box and returned it a couple days later. We still don't have what we need for our kitchen, but today we cleaned up the back bedroom (currently our storage area) and managed to fit most of the canned and bulk food into a cabinet that was left in there when the previous renters moved out. It's not the perfect solution, we're still looking for something better, but it works, and I have no doubt that God will give us what a better solution right when we need it most.

Found during the Youth/Collegiate Sabbath School class at Bangor SDA Church | Saturday, January 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment