Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bible Verse 7

A few weeks ago I memorized Philippians 4:19. When I found that verse, I also came across a passage earlier in the chapter that I loosely knew, but realized I wanted to sharpen up on sometime during this year. This past week I found a blog written by a girl I went to college with and her husband. They have recently moved to Peru to work at a home for girls for a year and started this blog to share their journey with others. As I read one of their blog posts, I saw Philippians 4:6 & 7 mentioned, and I took that as a good sign to memorize that verse this week.

______________________________________________

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6 & 7 NKJV

I am often anxious about a lot of things, many of them things that don't even really matter in the grand scheme of things. I want the peace of God to take away those worries and leave me with a peaceful and happy heart, one that focuses more on Him than on the cares of this world.

Picked after reading Kyle & Kayleigh's mission blog post from January 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment