Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day, home-style

Valentine's Day is an extra special day to me. While my siblings and I were growing up, my parents always did something special for us on Valentine's Day. We had a small gift (often a small Lego set during the early years) waiting for us on our breakfast plates in the morning, and my mum would always make a fun and different breakfast for us that morning, pink pancakes or French toast with hearts cut into the middle, etc. Of course we did the whole Valentine's cards exchange at school, but that was never really what the holiday was about for us. We grew up knowing that February 14 was a day to show love and appreciation to those we care for the most, be they family, friends, or significant others. I still see it as just an awesome day to love people, and not as a particularly romantic holiday as it seems to be touted in the media and in advertising these days. Good job, Mum and Dad, for showing your kids the true meaning of Valentine's Day. You guys are the best and I love you so much!

And now here's a little look at how the homey Valentine's Day celebrations went at the Gerrans'.
Homemade Valentine's dinner
Homecooked/Asian-themed meal, apparently
My love! :) 
Homemade cheesecake with strawberries
Heart sparkler that my mum put in our Christmas stocking
It sparkled really well!
Valentine's package from my mum which, unbelievably, arrived today! 
Exciting mail, haha
The 2013 calendar my mumma made (all her own amazing pictures in it!)
Us on our second married Valentine's Day

2 comments:

  1. A heart sparkler, how cool! Your meal and dessert look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww
    can't speak right now.
    ()
    <3

    ReplyDelete